[TriLUG] Want to integrate and IVR with application

Steve Hoffman srhoffman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 12:14:53 EDT 2006

I've been tasked with researching a way to take a standard IVR and integrate
it with a java application.  I've not come up with a full set of
requirements because I don't really know what's involved.  I can tell you
that the menu system would most certainly have to be dynamic based on output
from DB calls so the next menu would be a "text to speech" rendition of what
was just returned from a DB.

I guess what I'm looking for is a system much like a larger bank would use.

The customer would call
enter identifying information to log in
choose from a dynamically driven menu, based on log in information
two more custom levels of options
perform some action (pay a bill, update a status, listen to upcoming events)
get confirmation of actions
disconnect

to give a little bit more info..we have an online CRM type application, and
some of our users are in areas that high speed Internet isn't available for
what ever reason, so in an effort to keep that customer using the product
we're investigating a way to do limited app functionality over the phone
(but not with a live operator on the other end).

I'd prefer this all ran on Linux with some VOIP solution, but since I'm in
the very early stages of investigation any insight and/or personal
experiences with any OS or phone system would be greatly appreciated!

As always, TIA!

Steve