[TriLUG] MySQL & Perl

Matt Nash mattnash at intrex.net
Thu Apr 27 12:39:46 EDT 2006

Mark Freeze wrote:

>Does anyone have any experience using mysql perl scripts?  I am using
>Ubuntu and when I try to install the DBI thru CPAN it fails
>repeatedly.  Does anyone have any advice, good sites, or secrets to
>share? I have been using instructions found at
>
>http://search.cpan.org/~rudy/DBD-mysql-2.9008/
>
>but I seem to be getting nowhere.
>
>Thanks,
>Mark.

Hi Mark,

I have been using perl with the Mysql DBD on Ubuntu for a little while
now, with no trouble.  You might see if the DBD is installable through
adept (or whichever apt frontend you are using) rather than through
CPAN, as it seems to handle dependencies a little better.  Failing that,
the CPAN install process should be throwing some information-rich error
messages your way.  Whether or not you can easily decipher them is
another story, but googling them or posting them here will probably
yield results.

Matt