[TriLUG] Cary Swapfest, July 16th

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Tue May 2 14:29:56 EDT 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 11:49:02AM -0400, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Yes.  Al replied to Rob's message from *last* year when it was
> on July 16th.  I don't think Rob has said if he's going to do this
> year's swapfest.  I think, however, that we're a bit limited since
> it will be outside without power and what we used to do at
> hamfests was bring computers to demo linux and burn CDs.

Ah.  Yeah, unfortunately I'm getting the feeling that the Cary Swapfest is not
going to continue much longer.  It used to be in an air conditioned center, then
it moved last year into a parking structure, and this year seems to be stuffed
into a small outdoor shelter at a park.  Outside.  In July.

The theme seems to be 'Even worse than last time!'

--Brian

--
I think my life is fuller because I realize
that I don't know what I'm doing.

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net