[TriLUG] Cary Swapfest, July 16th

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Tue May 2 14:44:25 EDT 2006

On 5/2/06, Brian Daniels <bitmage at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Ah.  Yeah, unfortunately I'm getting the feeling that the Cary Swapfest is not
> going to continue much longer.  It used to be in an air conditioned center, then
> it moved last year into a parking structure, and this year seems to be stuffed
> into a small outdoor shelter at a park.  Outside.  In July.
>
> The theme seems to be 'Even worse than last time!'

The reason it moved from inside to the parking garage was because
of the price of the inside (upper 3 figures or possibly close to 4 figures,
can't recall exactly) compared to the cost of parking garage (in the
2 figures range).  They wanted to do it in the same parking garage
this year and apparently had a contract with the parks and recs
department.  Unfortunately, it was then discovered (apparently
to the P&R surprise) that the P&R department didn't have
control of the parking garage and that their contract was null and void!
So, there was apparently a scramble to find a new location.

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace