[TriLUG] smbfs/cifs group-write problems in KDE apps

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Thu May 4 16:15:36 EDT 2006

group sticky is set for the folder.  I thought that was the way to get
new files to be set to the correct group...?  And I just tried creating
a file, chowning it to another user, then deleting it from my normal
user across the smb connection and it complied without complaint..
anyway, here's the ls -ld:

drwxrwsr-x 2 notme slingers 4096 May  4 10:00 grand-marquis/

Aggravatingly, it effectively does delete the file, by truncating it to
zero size before it barfs.

~B