[TriLUG] smbfs/cifs group-write problems in KDE apps

Dane Miller dane at olneyfriends.org
Thu May 4 15:25:27 EDT 2006

Brian Henning wrote:
> The file on the server is something like this:
> -rw-rw-r--  1 notme slingers 5928  May  4 8:44 afile.html

It would be interesting to see the permissions of the parent directory.
If, for example, the sticky bit were set on the parent directory, you
would not be able to delete files in the directory owned by other users.
I suspect the GUI apps giving you problems are trying to delete the
original, then save a new file using the original file name.

Please send the parent dir's permissions (ls -ld /parent/dir)

Dane