[TriLUG] OT: wcpss technology purchases

Magnus stinkfart at gmail.com
Sun May 7 16:38:44 EDT 2006

On 5/7/06, Matthew West <mattwestm at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is very interesting because I am pretty sure that most WCPSS
> schools use IBM servers with Windows software. Didn't know that they
> are starting to use Sun stuff now.

Well for Oracle it's not really preferred to run on Windows, though it is
possible.  I imagine that's where this is coming from.

The more I think about this the sicker I get.

I think they should spend the $$$ on school books and athletic equipment,
and let the IT guys do weekend car washes to raise money for their big iron.