[TriLUG] Photoshop

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Wed May 17 16:37:24 EDT 2006

Thank you both, Glenn and Rick,

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 03:51:49PM -0400, Glenn Hennessee wrote:
> I've done a google search and found an article where someone else ran
> into the same problem.
> http://www.tawbaware.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=3099&sid=72808acb5733d29bdf4ca08f4c3c0cd1
> The user ran the tiff through something called "tiffcp" (no idea what
> that is) to get the file size under 2 GB and photoshop would open it
> then. So it appears to be a hard file size limit of 2 GB.

And yet, of course, at least four people at Adobe Tech Support didn't
confirm this problem, no matter how I described it.

I found tiffcp -- it is a Unix/Linux command line tool that is used to
combine ( concatenate ) TIFF files and manipulate certain parameters.
Of course you can copy one file to another and just change the
compression, which looks like what the user did.

Unfortunately, he was also using Photoshop CS2.

> A document at http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331939.html
> addresses this problem and says that the 9.0.1 update fixes the problem
> but that's what your client has! Have them double check the version and
> if it is 9.0.1, maybe reinstall the patch, then they should call Adobe
> for support.

Although the splash screen claimed that 9.0.1 was the version after I
installed the patch ( recommended by ONE of the Adobe Tech Support
people ), reinstalling might be a good try.

> Sorry I'm not of more help.
> glenn

Every little bit is appreciated,
Brian