[TriLUG] Photoshop

Glenn Hennessee Glenn_Hennessee at ncsu.edu
Wed May 17 15:51:49 EDT 2006

I've done a google search and found an article where someone else ran
into the same problem.
http://www.tawbaware.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=3099&sid=72808acb5733d29bdf4ca08f4c3c0cd1
The user ran the tiff through something called "tiffcp" (no idea what
that is) to get the file size under 2 GB and photoshop would open it
then. So it appears to be a hard file size limit of 2 GB.

A document at http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331939.html
addresses this problem and says that the 9.0.1 update fixes the problem
but that's what your client has! Have them double check the version and
if it is 9.0.1, maybe reinstall the patch, then they should call Adobe
for support.

Sorry I'm not of more help.
glenn