[TriLUG] appropriate use of privileged access to TriLUG-owned resources

Magnus stinkfart at gmail.com
Thu May 18 15:46:50 EDT 2006

As a longtime member of the LUG and former SC member myself, I'd like to
register a formal complaint to the new Steering Committee about the behavior
of Kevin Otte as the delegated system administrator handling Tribot's
administration on the #trilug IRC channel.

Mr. Otte has for whatever personal reasons decided he would like to /ignore
me on the #trilug channel, which is of course his privilege.  What I believe
is not his privilege is to misuse his administrative privileges to the
TriLUG servers to also get the channel bot to ignore my requests for the
services it provides.  I proved this out in #trilug today that the bot was
ignoring me, and when I raised the issue, Mr. Otte gave the beauracratic
response along the lines of "I am the system administrator.  If you don't
like it, take it up with the system administrator."

Mr. Otte is on a little bit of a power trip and I feel that if he can't
handle the responsibility of administrating the TriLUG services to its
members in a fair and equitable fashion that his privileges should be
removed immediately.  This vindictive behavior is troublesome when the same
person has root access to everyone's mail spool and other resources here.