[TriLUG] Weather Display for Linux

Christopher Blackmon ckblackm at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 10:03:29 EDT 2006

Howdy folks... I know some of you are avid weather
watchers and even have your own station.

I'm in the process of setting mine up and need a
little help.

I have a Lacrosse WS-2010 and am trying to get
"Weather Display" for linux to work.  The problem is
that the PC interface has a regular serial connection
(9-pin), and I'm trying to get that to work with a
usb-serial converter.

The software is setable for com1-12, but linux
recognizes the converter at ttyUSB0.  Any ideas on how
to get this to work?

thanks,
Christopher.