[TriLUG] unpleasant experience at intrex cary

stan briggs stan at StanBriggs.com
Sat May 27 10:59:14 EDT 2006

all,

content:
does anyone know if intrex has a policy requiring that we have our
membership card with us at the time of purchase? i was just at the cary
store, called my wife to get the number off of the card, and had the
discount refused by someone that said that he was the manager because i
didn't have the card with me.

additional discourse:
i confess that i was rather taken aback by his changing story about if
it was company policy or store policy or his policy. at one point he
stated that he didn't care if it was company policy or not but that it
was his policy. he later recanted that and said that it was "his
understanding of company policy".

as i left i told him that i was very dissatisfied with the transaction
in general and specifically with my interaction with him. he stated that
he was equally dissatisfied with his interaction with me. i confess that
i stepped over the "rude" line there. was it appropriate for him to make
such an unprofessional (even if honest) statement to me? (rhetorical
question.)

conclusion:
anyway, i'm curious if anyone knows what the company policy is. a quick
perusing of the trilug and intrex sites did not yield anything for me.

thanks,
stan

Stan B. Briggs
www.oBoJ.org: openBBQ/openJAM is a celebration of food, music, and good
times. Attendance is open to all who wish to enjoy some BBQ, accoustic
live music, and the company of others in the spirit of the Open Source
community while supporting an excellent public cause
[www.FriendsOfDix.org].