[TriLUG] [Fwd: RE: bit of feedback]

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Mon May 29 11:47:00 EDT 2006

response from intrex below

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: bit of feedback
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 10:57:53 -0400
From: Ramzi Ziade <rziade at intrex.net>
To: 'Jason Tower' <jason at cerient.net>

Jason,
The Intrex stores should have copies of a typical Trilug card, so it is not
a problem recognizing what it looks like. The issue that came up in the Cary
store was simply that the Trilug member did not have his card with him.
There is no way for our staff to know otherwise who is a member and who is
not, and of course this discount is exclusive to Trilug. In one of our
managers meetings, someone mentioned that a regular customer saw a Trilug
member be given the discount and the customer proceeded to falsely ask for
the same discount claiming he is a Trilug member as well.

Moreover, we cannot enter a Trilug member's number into his/her Intrex
account & maintain it, since we have no idea when these expire or whether
someone has renewed their membership or not, and so on .... Not to mention
the maintenance required.

With that said, if there is an easy way our staff can go to an on-line
database you guys maintain to verify names and numbers, then it would be no
problem, and your guys won't need their cards on them, a simple i.d. check
and cross-reference to the database would suffice. Other than that I am not
sure what we can do.

Regards,
Ramzi