[TriLUG] OT: for sale: AMD k6 300 Asterisk system with cordless handset.

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 20:12:22 EDT 2006

Please respond OFF list with offers/queries. I'll respond to the list
with answers to interesting/pertinent queries.

I find myself never using my home-brew asterisk system since I got a
Polycom Soundpoint 501, so here it is:

The system is as follows:

--can boot from CD
--384MB RAM
--AMD k6 300 proc
--10GB hd
--ISA (*gasp* from the /stone/ age) FXS module
--900MHz base station and cordless handset

Some notes:

--This system could support several software phones in addition to the
cordless handset. The k6 300 is powerful enough to handle two
simultaneous calls or maybe a 3-person conference.
--Either I messed something up or the ISA card doesn't support it, but
either way: handset doesn't give dial tone.
--CID not visible on handset.
--You'll have to reinstall the system (and obviously asterisk) unless
you're willing to pay me (I accept Pizza, Paypal...) to set it up
again after I wipe the HD.

If this hardware were just lying about, I'd give it away, but I know
that it /does/ work as an asterisk system, so I feel like I should
charge something for it.

Again, please make me offers OFF the list.

-CMP

--
Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu
ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
"Television-free since 2003"

<tarheelcoxn> iank has trouble with English. his native language is Python
<iank> Yeah
<iank>   I'm forced
<iank>     To indent
<iank>   My sentences