[TriLUG] Feather Linux - USB installation instructions

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Sun Jul 2 19:51:53 EDT 2006

stan briggs wrote:

>yo,
>
>i'm trying this on a 1G usb drive that i've got
>(http://featherlinux.berlios.de/usb-instructions.htm). does anyone know
>if this is a good usb distro or if this is even worthwhile?
>
>thanks,
>stan
>
>Stan B. Briggs
>+++++++++++++++++++
>www.oBoJ.org: openBBQ/openJAM is a celebration of food, music, and good
>times. Attendance is open to all who wish to enjoy some BBQ, accoustic
>live music, and the company of others in the spirit of the Open Source
>community while supporting an excellent public cause
>[www.FriendsOfDix.org].

Worth mention is RUNT (http://runt.mybox.org/), put together by Joel
Ebel, a former TriLUG-er and SC member (before I stole him away to
California to Google).  It hasn't seen a lot of maintenance in the last
6-8 months or so, and if you want a wiz-bang GUI it's probably not your
first choice (and you might want to rethink the "on a usb-key idea"),
but if you want a small diagnostic linux-distro-on-a-stick, it's a great
way to go.

Aaron S. Joyner