[TriLUG] ISCSI SAN

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sun Jul 23 16:45:36 EDT 2006

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006, Israel J Pattison wrote:

> We have an AoE device at my shop, and I use it as a virtual tape library for
> our Bacula backup server.

glad to hear of someone using them at last. They were
written up in Linux J at least a year ago and seemed like a
really good idea for a fileserver close to the machine(s)
(no IP, just the simpler layer 2). Whenever I've talked to
vendors and mention AoE, they say "oh, sure" smiling as if
they know all about it. There's a pause and the next thing
they're talking about their really neat product again,
presumably hoping you didn't notice that they don't have
anything with AoE. I can't imagine why they don't.

Joe