[TriLUG] PDFLib

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 10:38:51 EDT 2006

I received a call from this guy as a result of some of my posts to the
PDFLib forum. He's looking for a contract programmer for about 8 hrs.
work. He had asked me if I'd be interested in this project, but my
experience is with PHP & PDFLib. (My C skills need a little *brush-up*
to say the least.) If anyone knows C and feels comfortable creating
PDF's with the PDFLib send me an email and I'll give you the number to
call Scott.

Thanks,
Mark.

-------
Greetings Mark;

Good talking with you. It's always a pleasure to talk to another
business owner. The problem that I have to solve is as follows:

-          I have a legacy system running on OpenVMS. The code
presently creates large sequential flat files that are printed. I need
to have the legacy programs create the output files in a PDF format
that I can then print on a windows machine.

-          I have created templates, using Adobe Pro 7, with the
PDFLib Plugin, to make PDFLib blocks.

-          I now need to create c object modules that I can call from
my legacy programs (all of which are written in Vax Basic), to fill
the created templates.

VMS supports a standard calling structure between all of the
languages. So using "C" routines with Basic is not an issue. I am
looking for someone who is knowledgeable about C, and PDFLib.

Once I get started, I should be able to complete the project. So, my
expectations are that this should be no more than 8 hours of work.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Scott Burkhardt
Principal