[TriLUG] iproute2 persistence

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Mon Aug 14 10:16:12 EDT 2006

Brian Henning wrote:

> Hiya Gang,
>   Is there a standard place to put iproute2 settings (ip rule, ip
> route, etc) to be reloaded on startup, or do I just add the necessary
> lines to rc.local?
>
> Thanks!
> ~Brian

Most distro's don't have a simple place to drop in such rules, at this
time.  Depending on how picky you are / need to be about when things are
loaded, and how clean you want to keep your init scripts, you may want
to make an additional init script for it.  You can pick one of the
simpler services, gut most of the functionality from the script, leaving
the start) stop) cases and modify those to your liking.  Dropping them
into /etc/rc.local will do just fine, though.

Aaron S. Joyner