[TriLUG] iproute2 persistence

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Mon Aug 14 10:19:21 EDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 07:16:12AM -0700, Aaron S. Joyner wrote:
> Brian Henning wrote:
>
> >Hiya Gang,
> >  Is there a standard place to put iproute2 settings (ip rule, ip
> >route, etc) to be reloaded on startup, or do I just add the necessary
> >lines to rc.local?
> >
> >Thanks!
> >~Brian
> >
> Most distro's don't have a simple place to drop in such rules, at this
> time.  Depending on how picky you are / need to be about when things are
> loaded, and how clean you want to keep your init scripts, you may want
> to make an additional init script for it.

Another option is to reference them in the network up script.  In Debian /
Ubuntu, this is done by adding an "up" line for the interface in
/etc/network/interfaces.  Don't know about RH/CentOS.

--
Kevin Otte, N8VNR
nivex at nivex.net
http://www.nivex.net/

-=-

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-- George Santayana

"It seems no one reads Santayana anymore."
-- Cdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5