[TriLUG] Have a Job

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Thu Aug 17 14:25:24 EDT 2006

I have become aware of a position that will need to be filled in the
very near future.

Its a fully Linux-centric working environment.
Compensation is market rate for a Senior level admin.
The work environment is clean and friendly.
You'll have time to explore pet projects and technologies.
You'll have hardware resources a plenty.

Do you qualify?

Candidates should have solid network design and trobleshooting skills.
Emphasis is on LAN / switching technologies.  Knowledge of Cisco
proprietary protocols and hardware is a big plus.  If you don't know off
the top of your head what FEC, RSTP, .1q, VTP and CEF are, or how to
implement and debug these, then you don't qualify.  If, however, you are
part Cisco geek then read on.

Candidates should know their way around Linux too.  If you can also
explain, off the top of your head, the purpose of a sticky bit, /proc,
PAM, how daemons work, the init process, the name resolution process,
and how IPTABLES works, then you might just be the guy.

In short - you need to be very good with both networking and Linux, but
you don't have to be an absolute superstar in either one.  You will be
responsible for overall system architecture and tier 3 troubleshooting.

Sound like fun?  If you think this is for you, shoot me a resume and
I'll pass it on.  Interviews could start pretty soon and you'll be on
the top of the list.