[TriLUG] ubuntu bugs

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 17:41:18 EDT 2006

I just recently decided to start helping with Ubuntu bug triage. It
struck me as an easy way to give back to the distro that's given me
the most, and since Ubuntu seems to have rather good emphasis on
feeding upstream, a way to give to the whole Linux community.

Inspired yet? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpingWithBugs

I ended up reading the above link (and later
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/School/BugWork too). Next I jumped in
#ubuntu-bugs on freenode, but... Ack! There are only 54 nicks in that
channel?? I see at least two bots and three people with alternate_
nicks....

Seems to me that a distro the size of Ubuntu should have a lot more
people paying attention as bugs come in. Now, I'm sure there are a lot
of people working on bugs that don't hang out in #ubuntu-bugs, but
given some conversations I've had, I'm guessing the low headcount in
there does to some extent reflect the number of people actively
triaging bugs.

Hence this email.

Are you running Ubuntu? Can you spare a few minutes once a week to
mark some bugs "Needs Info" (with comments to specify what's needed)
or maybe even confirm the bug yourself?

Happy bugsquashing,
CMP

--
Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu
ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
"Television-free since 2003"

<tarheelcoxn> iank has trouble with English. his native language is Python
<iank> Yeah
<iank>   I'm forced
<iank>     To indent
<iank>   My sentences