[TriLUG] OT: DNS not following routes

Brian Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Wed Oct 11 20:15:55 EDT 2006

> Just checking.... (I can't imagine you haven't done this
> already, but you didn't say you'd done it)
>
> Do you have something sensible in the DNS server box (in the
> window where you tell the machine how to get its IP).

Of course, but always fair to ask.  "Is it plugged in?" :-)

> Is your firewall stopping DNS requests (can you get name
> resolution on another machine on the same network)?

It could be possible that the router between A and B is blocking DNS..
There is a gateway on both networks, and ordinarily machines use the gateway
on their local subnet without trouble; but in this case I need this machine
to use the gateway on the other net.  I'll have to check that in the
morning.  Thanks for the idea!

~Brian