[TriLUG] Treo? Blackberry? Something Else?

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 24 13:57:08 EDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 10:51:41AM -0400, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> OK folks, I'm ready to take the plunge. I have never before had a cell
> phone, and I'm going to skip that technological stage and get something
> like a Treo.  I'm here begging for advice.
>
> I would like a combination PDA/phone that lets me do email, telephone, and
> standard PDA stuff. I don't care much about web, but I suppose it's a nice
> plus. I'm used to PalmOS, but not wedded to it. Price is a factor, but by
> no means the only factor. The thing should definitely be able to do its
> thing without having to interact with Windows.

I'm very happy with my Treo 700p, the successor to the 650 I used for a year.
More memory and stability, plus a faster data rate.  But I've been a happy Palm
user since the IIIx...

--Brian

--
Be it thy course to busy giddy minds
With foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out,

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net