[TriLUG] OT: WRT54G bridging

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 09:46:42 EST 2006

I have about a dozen of these units running at various locations all are
flashed with OpenWRT.  The benefits for me are the ability to run a single
antenna and reduced power (both necessary to use amplification).  The GL
routers are a snap to upgrade, just boot the Linksys firmware and use the
Linksys web interface to upgrade the code.  Very nice and easy.  No hacking
to set boot_wait or anything like that.

OpenWRT is also a snap to set up in mesh and repeater modes.   Bridge mode
is fairly straight-foward as well, just read up on the "wet" or "sta" modes.

Greg