[TriLUG] OT: WRT54GL Where To Buy

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Nov 7 19:47:41 EST 2006

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 05:43 pm, Greg Brown wrote:
> These things are fantastic.  I just installed another two and I just love
> these units.  All you have to do is flash the OpenWRT code from the Linksys
> GUI and, Volia!  The best AP on the planet (almost anyway).

I'm using mine, without flashing, without ever configuring with Windows,
simple web configuration, and it works beautifully. Yeah, there are a couple
glitches where sometimes you need to powercycle the access point after
changing a configuration, but other than that, I have no problem with the
original firmware.

By the way, as it comes from the factory, the web interface is 192.168.1.1 (as
I remember), and the default password is "admin" (no username).

Yes, the WRT54GL is indeed wonderful.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm