[TriLUG] Availability of bzip2 in 20 years?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Nov 27 14:16:08 EST 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Warren Myers wrote:

> I have CDs from 20 years ago that read fine in my CD player of today

are you talking about data or audio? For audio you can have
an enormous number of errors before a human will detect
anything wrong. If data; in your case you're fine, but
no-one is guaranteeing that in 20yrs all CDs will have 0
errors in 650M. The original poster is looking for
guaranteed survival.

Joe