[TriLUG] Christmas card automation

Jim Tuttle jtuttle at prairienet.org
Sun Dec 10 13:07:57 EST 2006

Hey,

I've been spending this weekend doing the Christmas card thing and
thought "There must be a better way!"  I thought perhaps using Open
Office and whatever mail merge features it has would be a possibility.
It seems that there are several places the automation could help-
labeling envelopes, printing a personalized "Dear x" line at the top of
the Christmas letter, and perhaps in printing same in the card itself.
In addition, we have no standard place we keep addresses and we've had a
couple of address disasters with my wife's Palm.

How do you all deal with this?

Thanks,
Jim
---Jim Tuttle