[TriLUG] print queues work locally, but not over the network <SOLVED>

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Dec 11 10:43:43 EST 2006

Hi all,

The root cause was DEFECTIVE ADMINISTRATOR. My Mandriva 2007 firewall was set
up not to pass CUPS server information. Once I set the Mandriva 2007 firewall
to pass CUPS information, client computers printed as they should.

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions. Those suggestions forced me into a
rational thought mode, allowing me to narrow down to the root cause.

SteveT