[TriLUG] Adding SCSI Drive Snuffs GRUB

T. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Tue Dec 19 20:36:21 EST 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 18:37, Scott Chilcote wrote:

> 3. BIOS Hard Drive Boot Priority: I am able to set this in the BIOS.  It
> defaults to the SATA Drive booting first, and the SCSI Drive booting
> second.  I haven't changed it because this seems correct.

Try removing the SCSI drive from the boot list.  Say, boot from SATA drive and
then from floppy or something like that.

I seem to remember having a similar problem where my BIOS would not boot from
an IDE hard drive no matter what order I listed the SCSI device.  I'd double
check, but I don't feel like rebooting now to experiment.

---Tom