[TriLUG] Adding SCSI Drive Snuffs GRUB

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 19 21:16:31 EST 2006

T. Bryan wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 December 2006 18:37, Scott Chilcote wrote:
>
>> 3. BIOS Hard Drive Boot Priority: I am able to set this in the BIOS.  It
>> defaults to the SATA Drive booting first, and the SCSI Drive booting
>> second.  I haven't changed it because this seems correct.
>
> Try removing the SCSI drive from the boot list.  Say, boot from SATA drive and
> then from floppy or something like that.
>
> I seem to remember having a similar problem where my BIOS would not boot from
> an IDE hard drive no matter what order I listed the SCSI device.  I'd double
> check, but I don't feel like rebooting now to experiment.
>
> ---Tom

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately, that's not an option in my system's BIOS parameters.  You
can use them to alter the Boot Priority of the drives, but not disable
them.

Moving the SCSI drive to be the lowest priority still allows it to be
bootable.

I also looked in the SCSI adapter's configuration options, but there's
nothing there that keeps it from booting either.

Thanks,

Scott C.