[TriLUG] New OpenOffice list style isn't persistent. Why?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Dec 21 14:58:22 EST 2006

Hi all,

In OpenOffice Writer (for a book) I've created a new list style
called "Question". After creating it, I can highlight a paragraph,
doublclick "Question" in the Styles and Formatting window, and the paragraph
will adopt the settings of the style.

However, the style indicator on the top left will remain at "Default". If I
exit OpenOffice and then pull up the document, the paragraph retains the look
of the "Question" style, but once again the style indicator at the upper left
says "Default", and now the Styles and Formatting window no longer contains
the "Question" style.

I don't have this problem with paragraph styles.

Have I done something wrong? Is there a secret to making a list style
persistent?

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt