[TriLUG] T60 and dual monitors - FC5

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Fri Dec 22 09:25:16 EST 2006

Here's the stuff:
  I'm running FC5 on a T60 *with* a docking station. I have 2 flat panel
monitors externally connected to the docking station, one one on the vga
port, one one the DVI-D port. When I start the machine the boot
information, etc, shows on both screens, just like anticipated. However,
when I start X, my VGA monitor is disabled on the Dock and starts on the
LCD on the laptop itself.

I hate to say it this way but *cough, wheeze* Windows does this
correctly, it uses both external monitors.

So this leads me to think it's something with X. Kinda obviously huh?
Any thoughts?

TIA,
Roy