[TriLUG] FOSS tape backup software?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Dec 25 00:04:16 EST 2006

On Sunday 24 December 2006 23:32, David McDowell wrote:
> disk -> disk makes for super fast backup... then go disk -> tape from
> there ...??  :p

That's what I do, and I'm pleased as punch. I rsync to my daughter's
computer's hard disk using rsync, do diff backups as well as full, and then
every week or two burn it to dvd. Of course, I'm not doing 400GB, but I'd
imagine if I were doing 400GB, that would be all the more reason to get it
off the main box ASAP and put it on tape from the dedicated backup machine.

SteveT