[TriLUG] Fwd: [linux-elitists] Vista Launch

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 14:55:24 EST 2007

but be careful... you want to tread lightly on the console/cli of a
VMware ESX server... this is not your ordinary linux and probably
shouldn't even be considered linux, although it "seems" to be
RHEL/CentOS like... you should fear it and respect.  We are doing
server consolidation now.  It's great.  We have both w2k3 and CentOS
4.4 VMs.

I plan to use the free VMware server at home to VM-ize my home server
so that when I get new hardware, I just move the VM, and presto, done.