[TriLUG] Another seal broken... thinking of installing a C/R anti-spam system

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 27 20:25:57 EST 2007

Grey listing is cool, and it is the one tool I have yet to use against
spammers... The fly-by night guys drop the spam to you via a broken
relay. This lets the mail come to you via a legitimate IP block that has
not yet been added to anyones Block-list. Gray listing will definitely
work very well against a misconfigured mail server.

I would love to front-end my mail services with an OpenBSD box... Thanks
for the HeadsUp Magnus! Maybe I'll give that a try first, before putting
in a C/R system. I'm not too hopeful though as Spammers do seem to adapt
rapidly these days. We really need to press for smtp-auth to become the
standard of the 21st century.

Jon