[TriLUG] On a lighter note maybe semi off-topic

Maxwell Spangler maxpublic06 at maxwellspangler.com
Mon Jan 29 20:54:00 EST 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Dave Sorenson wrote:

> I've been told I have some $ to spend on dead tree magazine subscriptions. If
> you had to choose, what linux/ sys admin related magazines would you not live
> without?

I would recommend anyone with either serious, professional interests in Linux
or mad, passionate love for Linux to checkout Linux Weekly News online:

http://www.lwn.net

For years, LWN has provided some of the best coverage of news items in the
Linux world and in a very old-school, "real journalism" style.  This is not
another slashdot site with a bunch of bloggers with opinions.  I've been very
impressed with the articles on LWN for both their professionalism, objectivism
and technical comprehension.

LWN was a free site years ago, then they tried advertising and then they
scheduled themselves to shut down but many of us offered to donate money and
these donations kept them going.  They now offer "subscriptions" which give
you access to the latest "issue" of Linux Weekly News, but mostly your
donation keeps a much needed, high quality source of Linux news going and
gives you the good karma and satisfaction of knowing you're directly helping
them do it by supporting them.

--
Maxwell Spangler