[TriLUG] stopping Cyrillic spam.

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 14:25:29 EST 2007

Okay, so... this doesn't stop *all* the cyrillic spam, since they're
doing some funky stuff that it's not worth my time to figure out how
to stop, since only one or two make it through in a given day (compare
that to 15 or so previously).

Here's what I added to my .spamassassin/user_prefs to screen the vast
majority of the junk I was getting:

 ok_locales en th zh

 header ib_cyr_short Subject =~ /[\x{400}-\x{52f}]/
 describe ib_cyr_short The subject contains Cyrillic characters
 score ib_cyr_short 3

I ended up going with the ok_locales line in addition to the subject
line rule because that knocks out all the spam that was
self-identifying as Windows-1251 or iso-2022-jp, which turned out to
be a lot, now that I look at the spam trap. Thanks again for the
suggestions.

Cheers,

--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student -- ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer