[TriLUG] Positions with Google in NC

bak bak at picklefactory.org
Sun Feb 18 16:48:50 EST 2007

Aaron S. Joyner wrote:
> Perhaps I wasn't clear.  I was simply saying that I did take a hard look
> at the base salary, and the other unlikely-to-change benefits of the
> team I would be working with, etc - and decided that was enough for me
> to make the decision to move to CA and work for Google.  It was only
> after-the-fact, that I figured out that it was even possible that my
> monetary compensation would be in the realm where I would be grinning
> from ear to ear, instead of simply happy and making a good living.  :)

You're totally right -- you did say that.  My apologies if I
misrepresented you there; I was more agreeing with Magnus than disputing
your decision-making process.
> It's just a matter of considering which
> icing you'd rather have, a few extra K guaranteed per year, or a really
> awesome group of guys to work with and the possibility of huge
> truckloads of cash.  :)

Sergey and Larry are the ones with the huge truckloads of cash.  The
opportunity for huge truckloads of cash is not to be found at a post-IPO
company. ;)

--bak