[TriLUG] Positions with Google in NC

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Sun Feb 18 18:53:55 EST 2007

bak wrote:
> Aaron S. Joyner wrote:
>> Perhaps I wasn't clear.  I was simply saying that I did take a hard look
>> at the base salary, and the other unlikely-to-change benefits of the
>> team I would be working with, etc - and decided that was enough for me
>> to make the decision to move to CA and work for Google.  It was only
>> after-the-fact, that I figured out that it was even possible that my
>> monetary compensation would be in the realm where I would be grinning
>> from ear to ear, instead of simply happy and making a good living.  :)
>>
> You're totally right -- you did say that.  My apologies if I
> misrepresented you there; I was more agreeing with Magnus than disputing
> your decision-making process.
>> It's just a matter of considering which
>> icing you'd rather have, a few extra K guaranteed per year, or a really
>> awesome group of guys to work with and the possibility of huge
>> truckloads of cash.  :)
>>
> Sergey and Larry are the ones with the huge truckloads of cash.  The
> opportunity for huge truckloads of cash is not to be found at a post-IPO
> company. ;)
>
> --bak

No, that's airplane-loads of cash(1).  :)  I don't expect to become a
millionaire while working at Google.  I'm just tickled pink to be
working on one of the world's largest computing infrastructures, with
some of the world's smartest people, and making a daily difference in
the world of Google.

Aaron S. Joyner

1:
http://valleywag.com/tech/larry-and-sergey/sergey-and-larrys-google-jet-mapped-185809.php