[TriLUG] HDTV card

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 13:28:55 EST 2007

On 2/20/07, John Turner <jdturner at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> No Tanner, I meant what I said. I compiled the MythTV backend on my
> MacBook Pro and used a friends HDHomeRun to watch live tv and record
> a show. It was only a test, but it worked.

Really?  That's pretty cool.  How exactly does the HDHomeRun work?
Does it just convert the over the air mpeg2 streams to go over the
network and all the storage, buffering, etc.. happens at whatever
computer is receiving it or does it have enough internal storage to
do the buffering, etc.. on the HDHomeRun?

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace