[TriLUG] OT: Mac vs. PC - the 1996 edition!

jason at monsterjam.org jason at monsterjam.org
Wed Feb 21 09:24:50 EST 2007

on this subject, I really liked the quote from this article..

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/20/vista_security_oversold/

"As Billg likes to point out, Windows is the platform on which 90 per cent of the
computing industry builds, and this naturally means that it's the platform on which
90 per cent of spyware, adware, virus, worm, and Trojan developers build. That
translates into 90 per cent of botnet zombies, 90 per cent of spam relays, 90 per
cent of spyware hosts, and 90 per cent of worm propagators. In a nutshell, Windows
is single-handedly responsible for turning the internet into the toxic shithole of
malware that it is today."

Jason

|    Jason Welsh   jason at monsterjam.org        |
| http://monsterjam.org    DSS PGP: 0x5E30CC98 |