[TriLUG] OT: anyone in downtown Raleigh tall building?

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 10:09:22 EST 2007

This particular event has unique timing for those of us on the East
Coast.  As moon rise occurs, the lunar eclipse will already be
underway.  The idea for tallest building vantage point is to catch the
event as early as possible and watch through the end.  Also, as we all
know, the moon will appear larger the closer it is to the horizon,
making for a more dramatic photo.  It will be dark before the event
ends... and since this isn't a faint star or comet and you can see the
moon with the naked eye, "dark sky" is not an issue.  Look here for
photos of one I took from my condo near NCSU with a less than stellar
camera a few years ago:

http://www.turnpike420.net/gallery2/v/Weather/LunarEclipse/2003-05-15_Raleigh/

Anyway on the West Coast might not get a chance to see much or any of
this one, however, there is also another one coming later this year
that will occur completely at night iirc.

David