[TriLUG] CompUSA closing stores

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Feb 28 11:54:08 EST 2007

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 11:12, Michael Rothwell wrote:
> On Feb 28, 2007, at 10:52 AM, <OlsonE at aosa.army.mil> wrote:
> > I'm in favor of a Fry's ...that's for sure!
>
> I was so disappointed when the new construction on Walnut Street
> turned out to be a Ford dealership and not a Frys!

Are U guys talking about the same Frys chain as we had in Los Angeles
(actually The Valley)? I cannot believe anyone would look forward to shopping
at a store like that. They detained me 10 minutes, for buying a tapedrive
with a free tape stuck in the shrinkwrap, because security didn't know about
the deal and thought I somehow inserted the tape in the shrinkwrap. They were
famous for arresting their customers. Their store personnel were unhelpful to
say the least.

There are a lot of things I miss about LA, but Frys isn't one of them :-)

SteveT