[TriLUG] OpenNMS Wins Gold - Beats Out HP and IBM

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Fri Mar 2 10:46:19 EST 2007

Gang:

We just found out about this:

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/productsOfTheYearCategory/
0,294802,sid7_tax306257_ayr2007,00.html

We're incredibly excited, since this was based on a user survey and
not a marketing study. It's amazing what an active open source
community can accomplish against companies like IBM and HP.

Sorry if I sound like I'm blowing my own horn here, but five years
ago I bet my farm on open source and TriLUG was a large part of that
decision. You guys kept me sane when I was struggling with this alone
in my attic. Open source is all about the community, and that is one
thing you just can't buy. Thanks for making this possible.

-T

Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer             Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 503 961 7746
Skype: tarusb                               Direct: +1 919 647 4749
Email: tarus at opennms.org                    URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C