[TriLUG] Electronic Filing Software

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Fri Mar 2 22:59:23 EST 2007

Ron Joffe wrote:
> Our office is looking for an electronic filing software.
>
> We envision the software to be able to:
>
> 1. Take a scanned doc (tiff)
> 2. OCR the document
> 3. Name it and file it appropriately.
> 4. Optionally have a document retrieval system.
>
> This (of-course) would need to be a linux suite. We are looking for
> experiences,recommendations with existing suits or set of tools which would
> accomplish the required sorting and filing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron

I looked at Document systems 2+ years ago, the one I found that seemed
worthwhile was Knowledge Tree, I looked at them about 6 months ago, and
they've changed it alot.  I actually liked the old version better.  They
have a free version and a pay version.  The pay version also has a
windows office plugins iirc.    Also I believe they have some OCR
interfaces as well

http://www.knowledgetree.com/

Matt