[TriLUG] Reverse Samba?

J.C. Jones jonesjc at intrex.net
Thu Mar 22 22:27:06 EDT 2007

MG and all,

Windows XP home doesn't want to play fair when trying to use samba on a
Linux Box as a fileserver. I have no problem with windows xp
professional seeing the fileserver, but xp-home sometimes works -- most
of the time it doesn't.

It is my understanding that Microsoft crippled networking in win-xp home
so that for business purposes, you had to purchase xp-pro to get
something close to reliable networking.

jcj