[TriLUG] OT: Firewalling a Solaris 9 box

Matthew Lavigne lavigne at thosebastards.net
Fri Mar 23 10:59:57 EDT 2007

Ok folks, I know that some of you are *nix gurus, I am looking for a way to
firewall a Solaris9 system (sparc).  I need something that is similar to
iptables, because the Solaris box is not a router and I don't want it in
stealth mode (so I think that SunScreen is out).  What I need to be able to
do for all practical purposes it so maintain positive control of the system
that connect to this box and only have select systems connect.

Ideas and suggestions OTHER then loading linux would be appreciated as this
system has to run Solaris9.

Matthew Lavigne