[TriLUG] really slow web. help!

jbrigman at nc.rr.com jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Wed Mar 28 14:38:29 EDT 2007

The broadband connector they use at the curb will eventually "go bad".
I take that to mean either it corrodes or eventually comes apart from
natural daily thermal cycling.  The problem will manifest itself with
the "activity" light staying on most of the time and the broadband
router will "fall off" the network and not easily re-acquire a DHCP IP.

Also it's possible for the cable-to-your-house from the curbside to go
bad. It's not always buried uniformly and if it comes to the surface
anywhere, it can easily be damaged.

Beware that both of these things can happen with no apparent effect on
your television picture.

JKB