[TriLUG] Emacs... Pretty?

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Tue Apr 10 09:25:48 EDT 2007

Every so often I am called upon to edit DocBook XML files.

I like using Emacs, specifically the PSGMLX mode... Which was presented
at TriLUG some time ago.

However, after a recent reload of my Ubuntu Edgy box, Emacs defaults to
these tiny little fonts.

Now, I would like to attribute that to the superior eyesight and
intelligence of the average Emacs user, but alas my advancing age and
time in front of computers makes me want letters I can read.

And on top of that, they're ugly.

My Emacs-fu is weak.  Can someone help me with an easy way to just jack
the font size up by a couple of points?

TIA,
CJK