[TriLUG] Emacs... Pretty?

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:01:35 EDT 2007

Chris,

There are several ways you can change the emacs font.
Probably the easiest is to add "-fn 10x20" (adjust as needed)
to the emacs command line.  Alternatively, you can edit the
.Xdefaults file and add a line like this:

emacs*font: 10x20

And, finally, you can add (set-frame-font "10x20") in the .emacs
file.  Any of these should do the trick.

BTW, here's a good article on customizing emacs:

http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/pdfs/LXF71.tut_emacs.pdf

Cheers,
Tanner